Saturday 24 June 2017

AUDACITY TO BE DIFFERENT

Never let the outer Noise drown you inner voice
This morning, I held my son’s hand as I prepare him for school and told him “You know, you don’t have to fit in, you know you have absolute right to be different?” He shook his head affirmatively.



This week, I had a lengthy discussion with an older friend on phone and I told him “I do not intend to raise normal kids”. By all standards, I want to raise a completely different kid from what the society is preaching.

I have often asked, who made some rules we are bending to? Why must I follow these rules?

My driver had an issue with my driving. He thinks it’s absurd to use two legs to drive an automatic car. “That is not how to drive automatic. Just use one leg to drive.” He blurted out. I looked at him and asked. Who made the rule?

I have been driving my automatic for two years with two legs and I have not killed anyone, I have not been arrested once and I have not broken any rules (Well, at least I have not been caught breaking any rules)

Majority of us are trying hard to fit into a non-existent rules ​that the society foist on us. We have not even asked the right questions. Why should I and why shouldn’t I? What would happen and what wouldn’t. We are just following the crowd.

And most times, because you dared to be different, because you dared to make your own rules, people will suddenly start picking fights. Like seriously, I don’t need to think the way you think. If you would ask me, I don’t want to think the way you think.

So, people try to pretend to be who they are not for years, they try to fit in and blend with the norm, they feel little and unfit to challenge the rules and ask questions that could lead to freedom.

People just blend in. They listen to the outer noise and neglect the inner voice. They lose their identity and when they realize it’s gone, it’s always late.
I do not know how I came about my “rebellious” attitude but I have always challenged rules. Some rules holding you back are non-existent.

Some ladies still think being single and buying a car will chase a husband material away. I rather think any man that will run because you have a car doesn’t operate on the same frequency with you. Echo and Noise isn’t the same thing.

Unknowingly, some of us are passing the same hindrance to our children. You tell your son to go to Church, he asked you why and you answered “Because I said so”. That is the dumbest answer to give an inquisitive child. You should tell them why they should go to church and not force them to go to church.

Just so we know, the society can never be better than the mindset of its inhabitants.

A growing society is a product of a growing mind. Don’t fit in. Be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment