Saturday 24 June 2017

...FRIENDS APART, DIGNITY IN LABOUR

When people come into my life, I don't let them go easily. I treasure every memory of them that I have left. I don't do friends but the few ones I have, I can literally "kill" for them.


As the norm, there are friends we have who are closer to us, there are those who have crossed the acquaintance line but they are still not our bosom friends. Back in the university, I kept quite a number of friends who were more than acquaintances.

There was this particular guy back then, I just liked him. Back then in school, something about him quietly screamed "Once a bad guy". I think I have asked him couple of times if he had his ear pierced and he said No but I saw the glaring signs.

I love guys with studs in their ears but not tattoos. My ex got a stud in his ear because of me. When I tried it with Tosin, he went spiritual speaking in diverse tongues. He said that thought was from a pit of HELL and any man that use stud will go to Hell-fire.

When I had my beautiful son, I wanted him to use stud and Tosin told me "I am free to go to Hell-fire alone but I shouldn't drag anyone along 
Sometimes, I wondered how we met sef.. lol

Sorry for the digression... Back to my story...

He was a friend to a friend and those guys were just like my faraway family. We bonded like family and it was usual for us to talk every now and then.

Two months back, I saw a fully dressed LASTMA guy walked out of a Bank as I tried to lock the car. He caught my attention. This guy looks perfectly like my University friend.

He saw me, took his eyes off and walked away. I did a double check. "I am not mistaken or am i?" I couldn't get an answer.

On my way out of the Bank, I told myself it wasn't him but someone who shared a striking resemblance with him. As I was driving off after the bank transaction, our eyes met again. He was at his duty point. He looked away. Completely ignored me. Oh, I missed my friend. I thought, as I drove off.

Today, I was around the area again and I saw him at his duty point. He was directing vehicles and there was a bit of traffic build-up.

I looked at him, except for the fact that he has added weight; he looked exactly like my University friend. I tried to check his ear out but I couldn't.

Immediately I got to his side, I asked if he was once a Ladokite. "Did you Schooled in Lautech?" I asked.

He smiled, took his hand into my car and shook my hand then he said "Lammy". I screamed. I actually screamed my lungs out.

It was quick. Cars were behind me and impatiently blaring. I drove off and suddenly this sadness enveloped me.

He knew me all along. He knew me when he saw me at the bank. He knew me when our eyes met again and he just acted like he didn't. Why will anybody do that? No, this is totally unacceptable.

I wanted to turn back and asked that we go out for lunch and catch up with life but it isn't worth it.

My friends should see me after many years of separation and feel comfortable slapping me and patting me at the same time. There is no point nurturing this friendship again.

Some things are better left as they were.

I feel sad though.

No comments:

Post a Comment