Monday 13 July 2015

Leo's Dream

When the fire burning inside you is greater than the one burning around you, you will survive.
Life has taught me many lessons, one of them is LEO. He happened to be my friend in my former place of work. Masculine, visible six packs which he normally flaunts with the help of his numerous tight fitting tops. His command of English is impeccable and he has this confidence that can melt your heart.
He was one of our cleaners. Yes. He works as a cleaner.
I have seen dutiful people but this guy surpassed them all. He cleans well and makes friend easily. Humble, hardworking. It wasn’t long before we became friends. Sometimes, when I get tired of office work, I will take a stroll to the cleaners lounge and sit down with him to gist.

However, something set LEO apart. He has a dream. Most times, I have bumped into him reading secretly and once he sights anybody, he quickly throws the book to a corner. The reasons for his actions are not far-fetched. He shouldn’t be caught doing something else when on duty.

I got to know later that this guy paid his way through School. He was schooling while working as a cleaner. He used his salary to pay for his school fees. He lived on nothing.

Two days ago, I was scrolling through Facebook and I saw his pics. He wrote something that touched me. He said “I have a dream” My friend no more works as a cleaner. He’s now a banker.

You see, most times, life will give you million reasons to quit, Million reasons to falter. Whatever you decide to do depend on you

What is stopping you?

Most of us have no business looking at our backgrounds because it will only keep us at the back and on the ground.

| Mide Pearl |